SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkayetwvz5

Felix Leclerc - why so many different descriptions?

lkayetwvz5
5 years ago

I saw FL about a month ago at a Home Depot north of here. No flowers and I really didn't have room to transport a rose that day. So I did some research and found totally conflicting descriptions. I ended up buying it last week at another Home Depot south of here. But some of the sites I researched said it was thornless or nearly thornless with holly like leaves - not the one I have! Mine is thorny and has very slightly rugose leaves. Several different sites said 3' tall, some said 5' or 6', a Canadian site said it was a climber and could get 10' tall! Oh my, I hadn't planned for that! The Canadian site also said it was spiky and described the thorns, prickles and spikes down to the mm. New growth is red. Definitely agree with that. What really got me was they said it was hardy to zone 4 but it had been tested in zone 5b and zone 6b. So what good does that do? Is it hardy to zone 4 or not? This isn't the first or probably not the last rose that is described on different sites so totally differently that it sounds like two different roses.

Comments (13)