SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_stockley

Lighting Sources - Off The Beaten Path?

Holly Stockley
5 years ago

I had a meeting with our lighting designer this morning, and came away just slightly frustrated. She's a nice enough woman and seems to be starting to get my vibe, a little. But then again maybe not. I twitched a little when she suggested a ceiling fan with a light fixture for the seating area in the living room. (no.) And then somehow just got fixated on bronze and black fixtures. While I'm not at all sure that's the way to go.

This house is a Swedish Country House. The current mode for mason jar lights and "rustic industrial" just doesn't fit. I much prefer the softer look of porcelain fixtures with milk glass shades, etc. I'm just having trouble FINDING anything that really plays well with the house.

I'll link back to the longish thread on my project here.

And include a link on some ruminations about decorating the thing here:

I'll also include some inspiration pics in the comments (Houzz being recently notorious for not posting photos in the OP), so you can get a feel for what I'm looking for.

Actual vintage fixtures are sort of out for the moment. Locally, anything without a UL sticker on it won't pass inspection. I might be willing to squirrel away a couple and have them installed post-inspection.

I hate can lights with the heat of a thousand suns. Upside, they're cheap. I'd like to minimize their use to the extent that I can, while not running up my lighting budget into ludicrous territory.

I'm familiar with Barn Lighting, Schoolhouse, and Rejuvenation. Where ELSE should I look for these types of pieces?

Comments (89)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022