SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bronxfigs

Grow-Lights For Adenium

Time to order supplemental lighting for Adenium and some other fat-plants. But what kind, how many watts, color temperature, etc.

I've done a quick search on this forum and at various web-sites, and honestly, the more I read thw more confused and confounded I get. I don't want to set up some science lab....I just want to keep my plants alive until next spring. I could order a 120-watt, full-spectrum, 12" square LED light panel....but I don't know if this will give me what I need to keep Adenium alive. These panels sell for about $25.00. Will these cheapo panels work, and give plants enough light?

Please....just tell me what to buy. I want the cheapest, plug-them-into-the-wall bulbs available. Does Home Depot sell coiled fluorescent bulbs that will do the trick? What kind and what color/kelvin? If yes, I'll buy some bulbs and couple of reflectors and stick this set-up over each plant. Done.

If possible....I want to light a 18" X 18" square area....just for the winter months. Nothing elaborate, and for just a few plants.

BTW, since Adenium, and some other fat-plants, have greenish, photosynthetic stems, branches, trunks, is it better to keep these areas under intense lights or should the top rack of leaves be kept closest to the lights? When these plants lose their leaves it's the stems that continue to make the food that sustains them. I want to just keep the plants alive, growing, and thriving throughout the winter months.

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Frank

NYC/7b

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting