SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keilux

Casement windows Andersen 100s or Marvin Integrity All-Ultrex

keilux
5 years ago

I have been in the market for windows for the last year or so looking over my options and pretty much narrowed it down to the Marvin Integrity All-Ultrex and the Andersen 100series.

I currently have aluminum clad wood casement windows which are original from 1986, and are replacing with casements. I have total of 12 windows (5 of which are mulled, and 7 singles) as well as a sliding patio door. All of our current windows have rotting wood, some sashes under the aluminum clad totally or partially gone, paint faded off the aluminum, gaskets between aluminum and glass are shot and a lot of hardware failure, mainly do to rotted wood.

We live in Southwest Pennsylvania so we see cold winters, hot summers and your typical day/night temperature swings. We are looking for a casement window that's easy to clean, low maintenance, must have a white interior and a contemporary look. We have pretty much narrowed it down to the Andersen 100 series and the Marvin All-ultrex, both of these fit what we are looking for. We are trying to steer away from clad wood for those reasons stated from before and the fact we want a white interior and we don't like the look of the pure vinyl. I was pretty much sold on the Integrity All-Ultrex, however with the lack of a custom sized sliding patio door started to make me look else where, and I was not completely fond of the somewhat flimsy widow stops, but it could be over looked. So I happened to come across the Andersen 100 series Fibrex which look very similar and in some respects look better as well and looking at the architectural details look sturdy and well built, only questionable is the piece that holds the glass on the exterior side, where as it's a one piece on the Marvin.

100 series

Ultrex

Performance number are pretty close to the same for both as well. The glass package to my knowledge is the same Cardinal glass and in both cases looking at the Low E 272. In either case we would be finishing off the interior trim in a composite material as well.

I guess I am just looking for some feedback on these two windows, if anyone has considered the two, also in terms of durability, performance, longevity, overall fit and finish and how happy you are with the windows. As well as what made you decide on the window.

Lastly if any installers have feedback on these as I will be installing these myself with a nailing fin as I am replacing my siding at the same time.

Thank you!

Comment