SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Is artwork featuring a mountain redundant or contrived?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

An interior designer and online blogger that I follow recently gave me some input on decorating our cabin in the mountains. I knew the look and feel I wanted but wasn’t sure how to achieve it. Needless to say I was thrilled when she did a blog post specifically targeting my issue and gave me many great pointers. One thing she said, which I hadn’t gotten around to thinking about yet was about the artwork for the huge river rock fireplace. She said I needed a large black and white pice of art. She didn’t go into specifics, I wouldn’t expect her to.

I love to go to art galleries and arts festivals so this will be a fun project. However it may take me years to find something I love that I’m willing to spend significant money on(I know I’m looking into spending at minimum $1000, but probably more).

I came across another design blog recently and saw a fabulous, huge black and white piece. It is not something that I would want, but I loved the overall look. Imagine my surprise when I read that the piece was actually a shower curtain stretched over a canvas!! here it is,

This got me thinking that I could do something similar and have something hung up and not feel rushed then to find a piece. So I’ve been looking at black and white shower curtains and have found quite a few. Would a mountain scene or tree scene be too cutesy?

Or something funny,

If it matters, here is the my great room. Not my furniture.

Thoughts?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor