SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyptc

Arhaus furniture quality?

I am considering purchasing a sectional and leather chair from Arhaus. However, when I search for reviews online, they are a bit questionable in terms of quality and customer service. Does anyone have experience with a purchase from Arhaus?

Comments (374)

• Timi M
    last year

It’s a shame because I have two easy chairs (made in North Carolina) purchased from them about five years ago and they’re great. Quality and customer service have obviously declined in recent years. I’m sure supply chain issues and labor shortages are part of the problem but, come on. Will not shop there again. Recently purchased from Bassett and the quality is excellent.

• Related Discussions

Arhaus Furniture

Q

Comments (2)
    Arhaus is much better quality than PB, IMO. Their upholstered items have a lifetime warranty on the frame and a 3 yr cushion warranty (you just call them and they'll send new inserts). Some of their slipcover couches are 8 way hand-tied solid hardwood frames and have springs encased in each cushion too. The other frames are hardwood with mortise and tenon construction. The cushions are high density foam wrapped in Dacron, wrapped in fiber, wrapped in down and feathers. Their washable slipcovers are double stitched, have fully lined skirts, welting, and are incredibly durable. All their upholstery are 100% US made from frame to fabric. Hope this helps!
    ...See More

Arhaus sofa quality?

Q

Comments (1)
    I have a Baldwin sofa I purchased at Arhaus. Love it! I actually have 2 and also 3 swivel armchairs. So happy with them.
    ...See More

Which sofa has better quality, Thomasville, Crate & Barrel or Arhaus?

Q

Comments (14)
    I have purchased all types of Arhaus furniture and have found it to be durable. The sofa and ottomans are four years old and still look great. My dog piddled on one sofa seat and the slip cover/underlying pad prevented moisture from seeping through to the cushion. The dry cleaner was able to remove the stain and odor by actually washing the slipcover and it looks just the same as before. I would have been able to replace cushion, slipcover and underlying pad through Arhaus if I had needed to. I can't advise about the quality of the other brands you mentioned but I do recommend Arhaus.
    ...See More

Arhaus Kensington Dining Table. Quality of table?

Q

Comments (1)
    I have this table and love it. We have the 72" w/ 2 extension pieces that make it 102" long. You can leave the extender pieces in or take them out and store them, putting them back in when you need a longer table. It's heavy and well built, and looks brand new in my dining room even though we purchased in late 2019.
    ...See More
  • woolleycat
    last year

Ugh we got brand new hardwood floors and the teens begged me to keep tbe stupid Arhaus chair. The rubber on the bottom of the legs rubbed off onto the hardwood and my guy said there is no fixing it. Never again Arhaus!! i hate this place so much.

• Kristin Smith
    last year

I do not recommend. It looks beautiful but the quality and longevity is poor. Customer service is of no help. Please do yourself a favor and shop elsehwere.

• HU-56535550
    last year
    last modified: last year

ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER AGAIN!! They should be shut down!!

• HU-487885119
    last year

Wow! i practically furnished my new home entirely with Arhaus furniture and i love it. its beautiful and durable. My sales representative was amazing too. i switched out a couple of pieces that didnt look right with no hassle. I’m thrilled with the experience. i worked with Denny at the Annapolis MD store.

• jd1761
    last year

You do know that you shouldn't actually use the furniture? Its only good for about a year or for staging pruposes.

• Becky Brown
    last year

We bought a Kipton sofa and the extra coverage - we will not ever buy anything from Arhaus again the couch gets very little use and yet the cushion casings are misshapen. They look too small for the filling. when i contacted Arhaus after a few months of owning the sofa, they referred me to the company who has the warranty- they denied coverage saying it was normal wear- so irritating to pay for warranty that doesnt do anything. Buyer Beware of Arhaus.

• Chris Morris
    10 months ago

Beware shopping here, they will sell you things and ship them to your home and then come back months later and say you didn’t pay for them and demand payment. What kind of store ships items that you have not paid for. Just make sure you keep all of your recipes or shop elswhere. Nevermind the fact that I am positive that this was paid for, but of course I can’t find the recipet.

• chitownksmith
    10 months ago

Say it ain't so!

• Chris Morris
    10 months ago

Totally true. I will never shop her again. It’s an insult at a minimum to come back to me and ask for payment for an item that was sent our by way of their mistake, in fact I didn’t pay for it. I’m posited this was paid for however. Just shady accounting practices at best.

• chitownksmith
    10 months ago

Wow. Terrible

• Mary Shinabarger
    10 months ago

That is over the top! I can’t imagine any retailer doing this. If it happened (which it has with Amazon) the retailer just eats crow because it was their mistake anyway. This is beyond ridiculous of Ar Haus. Not classy at all.

• BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/5b MA
    10 months ago

Their accounting aside, can you find the charge on a credit card statement? I doubt they have much of a case if it did come to anything (which I'd be surprised if it came to more than an invoice/request - unless you have something else outstanding), but it might give you some peace of mind.

It reminds me of when we cancelled our newspaper delivery, and they delivered several more papers and then tried to send us a bill saying that cancelling in writing didn't count (for a newspaper!). They had no way to charge us without our cooperation (no card on file), so (after confirming our position with a friend who has a law degree) we disregarded their foolishness, and nothing ever came of it.

• Chris Morris
    10 months ago

I have looked but it could have been on a number of cards that I have and I have also closed some accounts too.

As for the quality we have many many pieces in our home, ranging from stand alone bars to softas, chairs, desks, dinning tables, etc.. I honestly love it. It has held up very well and we have used it well and have gone through 2 moves as well. Good as new. I have nothing bad to say about the quality. By the way after emailing the CEO, the issue is now resolved.

• BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/5b MA
    10 months ago

Glad it's been resolved.

• Katie
    8 months ago

This is our leather living room furniture after 5 years. We spent over 15k on a leather set. By year three the leather has worn so thin there was holes in the arms. You are supposed to actually use the furniture- it’s just for show apparently. Shop elsewhere.

• chitownksmith
    8 months ago

Wow. This company.

• HU-721570387
    8 months ago

@Katie WOW - thats insane. I purchased a sofa from Maiden Home that i'm very happy with but was now considering some some leather chairs at Arhaus along with the Bond chairs in Leather at Maiden Home. you just made my decision for me - definitely not shopping with Arhaus!

• HU-793421371
    8 months ago

AVOID ARHAUS! Please! I wish I would have done a simple review search before spending thousands there. Arhaus is beautiful to look at but it’s not to use... very expensive room decorations basically. Our sectional cushions sunk flat after 3 months and have pilled terribly. I have to use a clothes shaver on the couch and kitchen chairs before company bc its so embarressing. The “Crypton” fabric protection (where they spill red wine on the cushion and cleans up instantly) is a gimmick and the “worry-free” protection plan is a $499 tip/lesson learned. I’m currently debating whether to invest $1500 on new sofa cushions or just buying a new sofa (and throwing away my less-than-a-year-old Arhaus). Same for my 4 kitchen counter chairs which have terrible fabric-transfer stains from peoples clothing (maybe the Crypton absorbs dyes?) In addition, the rockers squeak/crack when used and there are various chips in the paint on most painted metal tables/pieces. The accessories, while overpriced, are pretty.

• Reed Hildebrand
    8 months ago

@HU-793421371 which Arhaus sectional did you purchase?

• Kathy Patterson
    8 months ago

I purchased the Dune sectional

• kadamo
    8 months ago

I purchased Brayden

• bokathouse
    8 months ago

Wow things must have changed over the 24 years since I purchased my Wake Ivory slip cover Apartment size sofa, bench and dining set. All pieces are well made and still in use. I've since passed a few items to my kids. Pricey but it has been well worth the price tag. I replaced two back cushions because I wanted more down feathers but that is it.

• Timi M
    7 months ago

Katie - What a disappointment! My god, that chair looks 30 years old :(

• katai75
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

I'm writing an email to Arhaus corporate since I got nowhere with their concierge service. I purchased the Jagger Cary black arm chairs at $499 each (purchased 6) July 2021. The leather on the chairs are already starting to get worn and disinegrate. Concierge said that there was nothing they could do about it; we would have to pay for someone to come look at the chairs with no guarantee the holes forming can even be fixed. $3000 for chairs that are falling apart after 2 years. I would not buy anything leather from them.

• katai75
    7 months ago

• PRO
    Valerie Murphy
    6 months ago

They suck! their furniture is cheeply made. their managers suck. worst place to shop. they sell you anything just to get a commision.

• Cecilia DePrima
    5 months ago

Horrible horrible horrible....top of kitchen table became completely worn right at the 1 year mark despite using tablecloths, hot plates and coasters religiously....protection plan is a complete and total scam and waste of money...used their furniture repair company at my own expense and they just made it worse...last picture was their idea of "fixing it"

• Robin
    5 months ago

Do NOT buy Arhaus furniture. My Montauk cushions I just received 2 months ago are pilling after very little use and they are telling me that it is normal and that I should buy a shaver to fix them! Horrible customer service. Do NOT buy from there.

• Kathy Patterson
    5 months ago

Same. I’ve been complaining about this for a long time. Even with the pricey nsurance it’s not covered. I finally shaved it so many times there was nothing left. I threw the crap out and will never buy from them again. This should be a class action lawsuit.

• tmabba
    4 months ago

Agreed - this place is terrible. The furniture is beautiful but the quality is crap and the customer service is worse dont waste your money

• PRO
    Design Together
    4 months ago

We bought 2 Rowland Leather Three Piece Motion Modular Sofas from Arhaus. Very expensive and by far, WORST SOFAS WEVE EVER OWNED!! Buttons started falling off within weeks, motion stopped working on one entire sofa within 2 months, on second sofa just a couple of months later. The “leather” is impossible to maintain, much more like a very cheap microfiber…. Will never buy anything from them again….extremely overpriced for incredibly poor quality

• chitownksmith
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

So sad.

• HU-525939313
    3 months ago

Very unhappy with the Coburn sofa I purchased from Arhaus

The salesperson recommended scotchguard but the fabric is (s) rated

Everything including water stains it

Looks 20 years old

I would never ever buy anything from Arhaus again

They’ve since changed fabric to sonthing called Kyptonite so they realize the problem

• Maria Pickston
    2 months ago

I just bought the Pavo sectional... has only been a week and I love the look of our sectional and love the sales consultant who helped us but now worried based on all these reviews...TERRIBLE to spend this kind of money for poor endurance/quality and even more of slap to receive such terrible customer service replies.

• catbella123
    2 months ago

Dont do it!!!! read all the reviews everywhere.

• catbella123
    2 months ago

This company will soon be out of business. They completely rip the consumer off and take no responsibility for their cheap furniture. Customer service is the absolute worst!!! check out the BBB reviews.

• catbella123
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

This was taken just 5 minutes after i received this sofa. $3500 worth of garbage. I am appalled !! They never even acknowledged that there was anything wrong or apologize or try to make it right. Customer service the WORST. They still managed to stick me with a delivery fee of 600$ to deliver and pick up this junk from me. Unbelievable.. Something is terribly wrong with Arhaus!! Class action suit?

• Anna Lombardi Nelson
    2 months ago

I purchased a dining room table that was was replaced four times. Still have the damaged one cause now it’s back ordered. I will never buy anything from them again. You pay a lot of money for their furnitures but the quality isn’t good! It’s been almost a year now waiting for this table .

• Mra Fjrd
    2 months ago

Hi.. which dining table?

• Anna Lombardi Nelson
    2 months ago

Kensington 180”

• Mra Fjrd
    last month

Thank you. oh my, we just ordered kensington 86"... but have to wait for 20 wks! . Do you mind sharing what was the damage ? Kinda nervous now

• Anna Lombardi Nelson
    last month

It’s a warehouse problem I think. It’s so heavy that when they lift it they use a fork lift and they dent the table. I’m in south Florida . Maybe you won’t have that issue in your warehouse. Ask them to inspect them before bringing it. ( I’ve been asking that but apparently they don’t do it and every time they deliver a new one is dented again). But mine is the longest one so it’s almost 400 pounds. Anyway the table is beautiful, so it’s
    ashamed . I’m giving it an other chance . It’s back ordered til May now .

• Mra Fjrd
    last month

Yes.. its crazy with the back order. we wont be getting ours until July! Thanks so much for the tip, will try to coordinate with them!

• Sally Allen
    last month

We bought the Arhaus zedgewater outdoor unit table for over $2000 and within a year the marble look finished delaminated and Arhaus refused to exchange or deal with the quality problem. An outdoor table should last at least one year outdoors. Do not buy outdoor furniture from Arhaus as their customer service does not stand behind their sales.

• pameler
    24 days ago

Has anyone had any experience with the Jagger counter bar stools?

• Sara Llona
    14 days ago

i had a really bad experience. My sister got me a nice stone table , an expensive and heavy one. When I pulled the car in pick it up, the table was left at the door , no one was there to help or to say good by , no manners at all. when i got home , the table showed a chip, small one but visible. I called them in, asked for the sales person who check us out and explained the situation. She clearly said I will check if we have more in stock and we can replace it, I will call you back. Later she called me back and said that her manager told her that the table was in perfect conditions before leaving the shop , hence and was no deal that they will not replaced my table. I asked her did you check it before you put it in the bag, she said yes. She obviously did not as she was willing to replaced it before talking to her manager. What a sorry people , sorry shop and sorry service.

• Gina Havlicek
    12 days ago

I have a Landsbury sectional, a Kensington dining table, an Athens Media Console, 8 Cadence dining chairs, 4 Jackie counter height stools, an Amelie Floor Mirror, and a book shelf. I love everything except the cadence chairs because your hair gets caught on the rivets. No complaints about the quality or the customer service tho!!

• Wendy Blackwell
    4 days ago

I’m reading common themes above on fabrics. Avoid solvent based cleaning fabrics and know your rub wear numbers. I purchased performance fabric and it is outstanding! Black coffee and mashed in chocolate easily came out with no residual stain left behind. Did my research and chose a fabric that does not pill either. Have 2 sofas (tv watching room) and a dining table that is used on a regular basis purchaed 5 yrs ago, still in perfect shape. People also need to know the difference in leathers. You have lower end bonded leather, regular leathers that are only dyed on the surface, and others that are dyed throughtout the leather. There is something not right about the post with that leather chair. I had dogs, toddlers, hanging all over a real leather chair we owned for 20 years that didn't look like that one. Something

is up with that post. Not normal. Take away…do research on foam density, rub wear of fabrics, avoid solvent only clean fabrics, and frame construction…and ask the in-store designer…not just the salesperson. I also had impeccable customer service from Arhaus.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012