SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ac91z6

Ordering from Regan's for spring?

ac91z6
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I wouldn't take the chance on Week's roses from them right now, given the horrifying news about RRD in Weeks' fields, but what about some of Regan's own-root roses?

I can call them Monday or Tuesday and ask some questions (where are these grown, what vendors), but is it even worth the time? If RRD has been in Weeks' fields for the last four &^%$ years, I think it's likely that most nurseries have gotten plants from them (doesn't mean they got infected plants, just that the possibility is there).

With that in mind, how do you think Regan's non-Weeks' roses compare risk-wise to other nurseries?

Specifically, the ones I have reasonable 'access' to would be Burling (also in CA), Rogue Valley (OR), Roses Unlimited (VA), Kedem Gardens (MN, but their DA's are grafted so I think they get them wholesale), Angel Gardens (FL), Antique Rose Emporium and Chamblee's (both TX), and K&M Roses (MS, but Fortuniana is a risk in my zone).

EDIT: I forgot High Country Roses (CO)

I wish I could say I just wouldn't order more for a couple years, but this year being my first in roses there's still a lot I want! Still, I can stick to the least-risky options for nurseries.

Comments (19)