SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

We fell for it........

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My husband was looking in fliers and saw a 3qt Instant Pot for $69. So he asked if I wanted one. Why not? Let's see what all the fuss is about. I tried the roast beef dinner first and followed the instructions in the booklet that came with it. Next time I'll cook it a lot longer as I like my roasts to fall apart, it was still a little too tough for me, but it tasted good. And this morning I cooked steel cut oats. What a difference from cooking over the stove and stirring for an eternity while you hope it eventually softens up.... They were really good! At first I thought I made soup, but once I stirred it all up it was nice and creamy and there's plenty for left overs. This will be good for work days, I can eat before I go to work. Yeah, Keto is off again. We decided to try "real" food and the least processed foods instead. Which means steel cut oatmeal (and I'm so not an oatmeal person) and 12 grain bread over white.

The only problem is: almost all the recipes I find online are for the larger 6qt pot. Amazon has a cookbook which I'm debating on buying. It's over $30! My question now is: do you have the 3qt and if so, can you post some recipes?

I should add: I grew up using stove top pressure cookers. Even at 10 or 11 years old, I could handle the smaller one for cooking potatoes in. So using this one was quite different: NO noise! I didn't think the Instant Pot was working because it was so quiet!

Comments (14)