SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My Friday rant...

Sueb20
5 years ago

So my front porch is MIA and my house is half covered in a gigantic blue tarp as it is being re-sided and porch is being rebuilt. Replacing windows too, so all the windows inside are covered in plastic and blue tape. AC is running 24/7 since we can't open any windows (not that we'd want to, as it's been sooooo humid, pretty much all summer). Yesterday, I guess because it's been running more than it ever has, the battery thing in the AC condenser outside died. Waaah. Fortunately, since we have a contractor on site, it was fixed by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, DH has been laid up with a back injury all week. He is not quiet about his aches and pains.

DD is sick with an ugly summer cold.

The three of us (DD, DH, me) have expensive theater tix for tomorrow and I'm guessing at least one will be not going.

Yesterday, as I was driving during rush hour, a commercial lawn mower shot a rock across a busy intersection that hit my side-view mirror, making it fall off the car on impact. As I was driving through the middle of said intersection. First of all, I almost peed my pants because I thought I was being shot at. I pulled over, looked back and saw the outside cover of my mirror sitting in the middle of the intersection. I had to run into the middle of the intersection and grab it. Then continued on to dinner with friends, so incredulous that I was actually laughing like an idiot alone in my car.

This morning, DH discovered that DD's car had a flat tire. Probably a nail from our construction site? So we dropped her car off to be looked at first thing this morning, and she drove my car -- with its mirror taped on with shipping tape, a la Beverly Hillbillies -- to gymnastics practice.

Is it something with the moon? Anyone else having a ridiculous week?

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville