SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wertach2

Deer broke my peach tree, this means war! A rant!

I have terrible deer problems, they eat everything! I use motion sensor sprinklers with good success, 99% of the time. I had a 1%er Friday night. My power went off sometime during the night so my well pump wasn't pumping.

It came back on before I woke up, but all of the electronic clocks were flashing so I knew it had been off for almost 2 hours. I headed straight out the door to check on my stuff. I figured there would be damage.

The deer knew this somehow and raided my fruit trees and garden. I think they test the sprinklers regularly. My best 10 year old peach tree was heavy with unripe peaches. I assume that when they reached high to get to them they put too much extra weight on the limbs. They broke 2 of the main limbs at the trunk, and split it, that will set the tree back big time if it doesn't kill it. All of my beans and southern peas were ate to the ground. They even ate the tops out of my peppers!

It must have been a herd of deer to cause that much damage. The foot prints ranged from small to really big.

I didn't want it to come to this, but Tuesday morning I'm headed to the DNR office to get a nuisance permit and a hunting license so that I don't have to wait until they are in season...... I don't really "like" deer meat, except when it's made into summer sausage, which I don't need to eat, I've got high BP. So I'll be donating most of it to friends, some local food banks, and soup kitchens.

I also have several friends that deer hunt, for food not trophy's, they will be more than happy to help!

I'm pretty sure someone will disagree, but I'm fed up with my hard work going to waste! There is plenty of pasture and other good things for them to eat around here!

Comments (5)