SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_ratner

Continual AC issues, new furnace

J R
5 years ago
My husband and I bought a beach townhouse in the winter. Over memorial day the furnace broke. The motor just completely died, so we replaced the entire unit. About a week after the unit was replaced there was no air coming out of the air conditioning vents on the second floor. The same company came back to check out the situation and determined that there was not enough Freon in the system and filled it with about 1 pound of Freon. They claimed that there was air coming out of the vents when they left. We are now in August and there is still very little air coming out of the vents and the temperature in the bedrooms will not go below 75°, even though the system has been running for 24 hours a day continuously and the system is set on 70°. I am conflicted as to whether to have the same company come back and fix it or get a new company. Regardless, I would really like to know from other experts not in the area, but possibly with a higher level of expertise, what other issues should I be looking at? The condenser unit outside is only about five years old. The furnace is new, as I stated above. What else should I be looking at? Could there be a leak in the Freon line/pipe? Help!!!!!! It’s August!!!!

Comments (12)