SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Bathroom Reveal - ADA Shower with custom Vanity in small Bathroom

Nancy in Mich
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Lets see if this will post today! I had the entire bathroom with all the comments in a post yesterday that never loaded. Today I will try with a couple of photos and add photos in the comments. Please jump in with any questions and I will do my best to answer.

Don't forget, Houzz chops the photos and you have to click on them to see the whole thing!

The shower is by Transolid. It is sold on the Bath1.com site. This is the ADA trench drain 37.75" x 63" shower base and the Remodel Shower Wall Kit. You have to talk to someone on the phone to make up a shower wall kit because they do not show up on the website, but they do have them. I also ordered the Wall Extension Kit. The regular wall kit ends just below the shower curtain rod, at the half-round molding that goes around the shower. The Wall Extension takes the walls up to the ceiling. I also bought a panel to use for my ceiling, so the entire shower would be done in the Transolid walls. Transolid is a solid surface product. That means the color goes through the material and if there are ever any scuffs or scratches, they can be sanded out.

This is the view from the door. We widened the bathroom door and all the bedroom doors to 36" in this project. I designed this vanity myself and Jim Hartman, Contract Remodeling, Roseville Michigan (586 405 2175) made it. There are three features: the shelves by the toilet, a drawer, and a pull-out shelf. It had to rest on the floor because I tend to grab and put my weight on furniture when my knees pop out (happens daily), but it also had to be wheelchair and rollator walker accessible. The top had to be 16" deep so that we would have enough floor space for turning a wheelchair or walker around. Jim made this of walnut veneer over birch plywood and we got a solid walnut top laminated at Armstrong Millworks in Highland, MI. Finished with Waterlox.

More to come in the comments!

Comments (78)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert