SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldinteriors

PRO advice on filtering out client scams

Gold Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

so, I've been doing interior design and decoration for a few years now and I've been getting most of my clients through word-of-mouth. but as of last year I really started to work on growing my marketing through social media, website, local sites, etc. so, it's all still new to me.

Now my question is this...how do you know when someone is sending you an email for example stating they found you here and here and they would like you to decorate their new home, that it's serious and real? Is there a way I can prove that? in my case, they are from Canada and moving back to the U.S. for she husbands job and they just bought a 3brd 2 bath home that needs decorating ad they ordered everything and want it styled before they arrive. at first I wanted to know their location as I only am available in my immediate surroundings..rather they asked me where I'm located like they didn't read that part of the email. So, I stated as such and then they gave me their new location and are asking for my detailed information to "get-to-know-me and set up payments to hire me) secondly, it's all very rushed, such as the 24th of Aug. deadline they set, as they are arriving that day.

I have a feeling this is a scam, I just want to know what some of you designers and such do and methods you use to filter them.

Appreciate any adivce!!
Thank you!

Comments (23)