SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickipoo12

Help w/ Furniture Placement: Corner TV & Large Entryway

Jill
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Most of my furniture is hand me downs or stuff from college, so I want to start upgrading, but I’m trying to be strategic about it. I’ve been playing around with this design app and have attached my current ideas, but I wanted to get some feedback. The only furniture in the pics that I currently own is the white tulip table and the shelf in the living room, so I’m not wedded to anything.

There are two design dilemmas in particular that I’m struggling with. First, my husband and I watch A LOT of TV, so the TV needs to be incorporated in the living room (and in a spot that allows for comfortable Netflix binge sessions). The issue is that there aren’t a lot of places to put it because there isn’t a lot of wall space and Id like to avoid putting it in front of a window. Any suggestions on how to address this? What do you think about placing it in the corner with a large sectional in the opposite corner?

The second issue I’m having is what to do with the entryway. For a small house, it is a pretty big space, but I have no idea what to do with it. It feels like wasted space, but I’m not sure if it’s quite big enough to be a functional space. Does it look too empty as-is? Any ideas for what to do with it?

View from the couch:

Rough 3D floor plan:

Rough 2D:

View from front door:

Comment (1)