SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Does anyone have front load washer/dryer up on built in pedestals?

So after input from folks here I have reworked my laundry space layout. I think pulling the upper cabinets forward will enable me to access them more easily. So then I decided i should put the tall cabinet between the units. Which meant I wouldn’t really have a need for a countertop as the two spaces would be too small for folding. So I’m going to do as someone else suggested and put a folding table against the other wall that I can lift up when I need to. The meant that I could put the front loaders up on pedestals which would make it easier to use the front loaders, plus gives me space underneath to stash laundry baskets. So from this old proposed layout-

To this latest layout-(pic does not show the folding table)

My husband is very handy so was going to build pedestals similar to these.

So my concern is how do you access or work on the units when they are up on built pedestal? Like if you have a leak or some issue? If you slide them forward they will obviously fall off the pedestals which means you would need multiple big guys to move them to work on.I was wondering if anyone has ever put the pedestals on locking, rolling casters?

Comments (18)