SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mermaid2w

Odd front entry needs major help and modernization

Wende Weddle
5 years ago

Water damage is forcing us to redo our front entry way. We are doing some much needed updates to my parent's split level home built in 1978. New windows and paint. This front entry is rotting and dangerous. Part of the stone wall needs to be torn down. I wanted to do something different but have no ideas. I'd really like to modernize it with some wire/cable railings. Not sure what color to use on the deck. The old stairs were narrow at the top and got wider on the way down. Should we extend it? Do the stairs differently? The rock wall will be just under the windows beside the chimney, and to the right of the front door. The part that borders the old porch will be gone. Painting the house in "Pier". Window trim will be the "Favorite Tan". We are going to use the "Acacia Haze" for some of the minor trim pieces and accents. What color should we paint the new porch/back deck? Has anyone worked with the wire cable railings? Expensive? Any ideas on how to make this look more exciting are welcomed!

Comments (16)