SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erinn717

Wood Type/Stain Matching Help Needed!

erinn717
5 years ago

Hi,

We have the original cabinets in the kitchen of our 1930 home. In order to fit a dishwasher in we had to add a few boards on top of the counter cabinets under the countertops due to the counter cabinets being too low. I need to find some wood trim to put under the countertop to hide the layered boards but am having a heck of a time! I am not sure what type of wood it is, have purchased many types and nothing seems right, I have tried a bunch of stains, but haven't gotten a match. Does anyone have any idea of what type of wood the outer part of the cabinets and the drawers could be and/or any ideas on how to determine the wood type and find a stain that matches? I have gone to a few lumber yards but they haven't been that helpful and the last one wanted to take the drawer I brought in and send it out to get a match and then charge $115 just for matching it and that didn't include any supplies...I don't want them to send out the original drawer b/c if I don't get it back or something happens to it then I have created another item I have to try to match!!! Thanks!

Comments (12)