SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christiemb6

Livingroom/Den Design Help

christiemb6
5 years ago

My husband and I moved in this summer and this room is a work in progress - we could use some help. Photos were taken from our kitchen, there are 3 steps down into the living room and the room expands back on the left side of the stairs by a few feet. We have a couch along the back wall to the left, with a table in the back left corner and a small couch along the left wall (slightly visible in the photo). We are struggling with whether to keep the TV in the front left corner on a nicer stand or whether to hang it over the fireplace. I think it will give the room a cleaner look if we hang the TV over the fireplace rather than keep it on the floor. My concern however is the height, the top of the mantle is 5ft high and I think that it may be uncomfortable for viewing the TV. Lowering the mantle is not an option at this time. This will be our main hangout/TV room. We do plan on getting a newer TV with a smaller bezel. We also plan to put down wood floors. Any other thoughts or advice about the layout and design of the room is welcome.

Comments (25)