SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

GRRRRR.....Can no longer unsubscribe from posts I didn't start

dirtygardener
5 years ago

First off, I'm talking about on-site notifications under the little bell icon, not email notifications. I've turned off all email notifications.

It's hard enough to find out how to unsubscribe from notifications on posts I started once they go off track, but now I can't unsubscribe from notifications on posts I commented on. It makes me not want to comment at all, because then I'm stuck with notifications on those posts as long as they go on. I've gotten notifications from posts from several YEARS ago that I commented on!

Why are we forced to sift through these posts on our notifications page when we are no longer interested in them? Just let us unsubscribe from all the posts we want to, PLEEEEASE!! Better yet, let post notifications be an opt-in, not an opt-out. I know this has been asked for over and over again, but whoever is fiddling with it has broken it even worse.

The only reason I can see for you to try to make us view these pages again is for ad delivery. Well, if you keep it up, you aren't going to have any members to deliver ads to. Many, many GWers have deserted and gone to other forums or to FB or other sites because of the nonsense going on here. We miss them!

I don't want everything for free, and I do click on ads from time to time, but it should be my choice to see ad pages.

Comments (7)