SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Another dinner party appeal

mtnrdredux_gw
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am trying to throw a last minute dinner party tomorrow for neighbors, as we will be gone most of this month and some of our neighbors will be gone after Labor Day.

Nothing too tricky as I am busy all day today so only have tomorrow. Pref room temp-ish, make ahead stuff. The audience includes some kids but the adults are foodies. No shellfish.

I will probably just start w the basics, ie grilled marinated steak kababs and grilled marinated chicken tenders. Definitely a fruit platter, prob a crudite platter. Thinking no to breads as who wants butter out in this heat; same in re cheeses

Here are some possibilities to choose that are in my repertoire... what would you choose or what do you like in your own repertoire?

lentil salad

black bean mango corn salad

corn tomato feta mint salad

tomato watermelon feta salad

grilled sweet potato salad

macaroni salad (my recipe is very good but boring)

caprese

green bean salad (AnnieD, I would do your recipe ... it was great)

I like to have some element of DIY, interactive dishes. It loosens people up and makes for conversation.

I was going to do a summer roll "bar" but how do you do that at a party in a sanitary way?

I will probably end with a Zoku bar, everyone likes that and it will be hot so popsicles will be welcome.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH