SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delle_bruce

Help/Ideas for Adding Full Kitchen to Walkout Basement

Danielle BC
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone! We are in the process of beginning to remodel our finished daylight walkout basement into a full separate living space/home for two. Our walkout basement is around 750 sq ft.

We are going to add a full kitchen to a L shaped area (see pictures) that is 9 feet long/wide on the main wall (first picture) and 6"2 feet wide along the second wall (second picture). The ceiling is a bit over 7 ft tall in the area.

We are thinking that the major appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, stove top, sink, etc) will go along the main largest wall, along with counter tops, and bottom drawers etc, and the smaller wall could have mainly counter tops, counter, drawers, etc for storaging our kitchen wear and counter top space for food prepping,

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I've seen some similar photos to what I'd like, but not too many with the space like ours. I know that this area isn't very huge for a full kitchen so I'd love layout ideas, etc or if anyone has seem a kitchen setup similar to this some pictures as well!

(PS, pay no attention to the carpet (we are going to install new flooring or to the dog cage in the corner, lol!)

Thank you!!

Comments (23)