SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51654451

Is symmetry required on both sides of my kitchen window?

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi,

I hope pros can help me finalize my design delimma. I have an L shaped kitchen (116”x 251”) with 9’ ceiling. Open floor concept. Stacked upper cabinets (33”+15”+6 crown.m).

We want the Frig to be located on the 116” wall. The 251” wall will have the (sink /window), range and Wood Hood (or may be SS Hood).

Having the window and the Range/Hood on the same wall is causing a loss of symmetry.

I already have 3 designs ( Please check attached) ,

1- which design provides the best balanced look? ( I have plenty of cabinets and a (9’) island so I’m concerned about the look more than the space. (We are only 2 ).

2-I like design #1 the most because it has (2 )same size double door cabinets to the right side of the window. Are 27” double door upper cabinets too narrow for my kitchen size? ( I like inset door).

3- in design #1 , will a 36” Hood look too small in the middle of two 27”wide cabinets ?

4-is symmetry needed on both sides of the window as well as both sides of the Hood?

for example, Can I have 18” wide single door cabinets on both sides of the Hood and (2) 30” wide double door cabinets on the left side of the window?

Thank you

Comments (12)