SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa902

Countertop pricing *gasp*

Lisa 902
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, I've posted here before but in the past year we've fired everyone, started over, and hired an (actual) architect and a different builder. I've been looking at quartzite/granite/quartz for almost two years now in several cities, LOL, and these are the two I've liked the best. HOWEVER....

Do these estimates seem high or am I looking at insanely expensive materials? This is upstate NY.

Material /Color Choice: 3 CM

Profile Edge: 2 cm Eased

Splash Material / Thickness: NONE

Cutouts: One (1) For Drop-in Sink

Sink(s): Customer Owned & Supplied

Materials, Template, Fabrication, Delivery, & Installation

Description: Textured Perimeter & Island Counters

1- 25” Deep x 105.75” x 97” L-Shaped Counter w/ Neo-angled Inside Corner & Stove cutout

1- 25” Deep x 82” x 44” x 30” ½ Hex-Shaped Counter w/ Neo-angled Inside Corner

1- 49” Deep x 92” Rectangular Island Counter

First option is the entire kitchen done in each of these two quartzites:

Blue Fusion Leather $29,438

Macaubus Fantasy Textured $22,040

Option 2, priced with quartzite island and Silestone Charcoal Soapstone perimeter

Blue Fusion Leather Island Only, Silestone perimeter $18,574

Macaubus Fantasy Textured Island Only, Silestone perimeter $16,769

The kitchen design isn't finished but this is a reasonable idea of the amount of stone needed. There will be a second sink cutout, though. The interior designer hasn't seen the slabs, only photos (they're four hours away) so she threw out the silestone as simply a possibility and another option for design/pricing. I didn't initially want to use two counter materials because I would like to use a contrasting cabinet color on the island, but these are heart attack inducing prices and an $11,000 difference to change out the perimeter.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments (52)