SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monstertaco

Need quick help with kitchen backsplash tile size!

monstertaco
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

Long story short, I remodeled the kitchen in my old house before selling it. I put in a gray glass 3" x 12" subway tile for the backsplash and my wife loved it. When we moved into the new house and repainted the kitchen, she wanted the same backsplash installed. Despite her gentle reminders that she wanted it done, I just hadn't gotten around to it. She's out of town this weekend, so I thought I'd surprise her and have it done before she gets home.

Poor planning on my part, but the store no longer carries the same tile. They still have a 3" x 12" but it's a lighter color and has lines like it's painted instead of the solid gray like our previous one. Another store has a solid gray, however only in a 3" x 6" or 4" x 12" and I don't have time to order anything from somewhere else. I bought a few of both to get a feel for them, but I'm not sure which I should put in.

In order to get it all done in time, I need to purchase the tile tomorrow (Friday) after work, so I need some quick opinions please! I've attached a few pictures of the different tiles hanging on the wall in a couple of different spots to get a feel (I know they're crooked and not evenly spaced, but it's the best I could do with some duct tape...). I've also attached a picture of the full length where the backsplash will be. The total length of the space is 12' 10" and this is the only wall that will have backsplash. To the right of the refrigerator on the right is a desk area and to the left of the picture is the exterior wall.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I'm unable to add photos for some reason, so here's a link - Backsplash pictures

Comments (6)