SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shan9800

Living room color and layout

S Green
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is a 60’s tri-level with beautiful wood floors. The original wood trim is still in 90% of the house. The living and dining rooms are painted brown and combined with the floor, trim and brick makes it feel too brown. We don’t plan to paint the trim at this time. Would white be better for the walls?

The rug and couch need to stay. The credenza will stay for now, but we hope to open the top half of that wall someday. The blue chair is temporary, but I like that it brings in some color. We would like to keep the framed photos and the framed art somewhere in the room. I’m not a big fan of the black shelves. I know the stuff on the mantle needs to change.

We are adding can lights in the living room. The dining light fixture is dreadful, that’s also on the list for replacement when we tackle the kitchen.

I’m not sure how to organize furniture with the fireplace in the middle and retaining the walkways. Right now the kids can do cartwheels in the room. It doesn’t need to stay that way, but we do like some open space. This is our primary living area. Any suggestions on layout and coffee table/chairs that would work? Thank you!

Comments (19)