SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onedevoteddame

Texas Hill Country Architecture -- Photo Inspiration Help, Please

One Devoted Dame
5 years ago

Miraculously, all 4 adults involved in my little project have agreed to either a Spanish Revival or a TX Hill Country atrium home.

But wouldn't you know, I am finding it irritatingly challenging to find good examples of simple, single story, humble homes in TXHC. I'm not fancy, or cutting edge, or modern, so I would feel out of place in a fancy, edgy, or modern style home.

So far, my "collection" is home to 4 whole pictures, two each of both of the houses I like. :-/

(Obviously this first one is too tiny for 10 people, but I don't see any reason why it can't be elongated and wrapped around, while maintaining the lines and scale.)

Hill Country Retreat · More Info

Hill Country Retreat · More Info

And this one, outside of GardenWeb (photos from Dibello Architects, of New Braunfels, TX):

Is this enough?

I see so many Ideabooks with a zillion photos, and my poor architect -- whomever he ends up being -- will have a grand total of 4 exterior shots to work with.

Interiors are equally difficult... So much of what I see carries the limestone indoors. And with half a dozen kids, I just don't want stone inside the house. Sheetrock does plenty of damage on its own to foreheads and faces. Besides, limestone doesn't come in purple, and kiddos taking Crayola to it doesn't count, lol.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, links, or books y'all care to share. :-)

Comments (12)