SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

For those with more than one grandchild

neetsiepie
5 years ago

When you found out you were going to get another grand baby, how did that make you feel?

My DD just told me today that they're expecting again- due nearly two years to the day that their first was born. They're super excited, apparently my SIL was ready for another one when the first was born! While I'm thrilled, I'm a little verklempt. I love my first (so far only!) grandbaby more than life itself and I am a little sad that I won't get just him any more. Is that silly? I know I'm going to love having more grands, its just that I feel like I will miss out on so much with him being a big brother so soon.

I guess it's kind of like when you get pregnant for the second time-you wonder if you can love the new one as much as the first one, and of course you do. I'm kind of in shock, I just found out a couple hours ago! Poor DD is already so terribly sick, she had bad morning (all day) sickness with baby #1 and it looks like it's even worse now with baby #2. It just means Gremma will have to spend more time with her Chickle so Mommy gets some rest!

Comments (21)