SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ifoco

Was my SQ FL washer damaged during delivery

ifoco
5 years ago

After reading on this forum that SQ would discontinue making the front load washer, I was dismayed.

Had intended to purchase one once we got settled and remodeled. Now I felt I had to rush. I ordered a washer and dryer in February took delivery in March. Since the laundry room had to be purged of the Asko W&D plus moving of cabinets plumbing etc. I just had it installed a few days ago.

After the plumber left. I looked at the back where the shipping bolts are but they were gone and replaced with the white round plug. The bottom front, same thing. I called the plumer to get the pieces in case we ever need to move it again. He didn't remove anything. I called the appliance company. They removed them, then delivered the unit on a tilted dolly, not protocal for SQ. My plumber of course did the same. So the machine traveled 40 some miles from the appliance store up and around hills unloaded and moved around in my garage.

I called the appliance store and am told they do everything correctly and not to worry. I should call their warranty company who will verify all is well. Warranty company says machine could be damaged but it would be covered under warranty. They tell me parts should never be thrown out and replacements are not covered under warranty, understandable.

I call appliance people request parts to be mailed to me and if they don't have them to order them from SQ and mail them. A kid calls me and says "we don't deliver parts we remove and throw away"

I am welcome to drive there and pick them up but he doesn't know if they are parts for my machine. I am really Hot with the crappy servce from a family run business. But.

Big question is "has all of this moving around without shipping blocks damaged the machine or shortened its life"

Thanks

Inga and welcome to Utah.

Comments (9)