SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Should I wallpaper the entire bedroom?

I need to place the wallpaper order for my daughter's room and I'm trying to decide if I should paper the entire room or not.

First of all I should make it clear that I love wallpaper and I'm happy to embrace. I am not worried about resale or removal issues so that's not a concern at all. The only reason I give pause to papering the entire room is because it is a very busy print in a small room.

My daughter's room is less than 10x10 (yes, I will measure before ordering) and is dominated by a large IKEA loft bed. In many situations I might consider just papering one wall as a feature, but in this room the wall opposite the door is almost entirely obscured by the loft bed and the other walls wouldn't have much visual impact. I have considered papering two walls, the one with the bed and the one to the right but maybe it will look like I didn't finish. I don't think I want to do a chair rail, the room is already quite busy. Ceilings are 9'.

The paper

Daughter's Room (it's so small that it is difficult to photograph). The Disney decor and dollhouse have left. I will probably turn her desk and have it all the way under the loft bed. Most or maybe all of the hooks on the one wall will be going.

Comments (20)