SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imperialtrooper

Giant Fiddle Leaf Fig getting black spots

imperialtrooper
5 years ago

Hi everyone, I have a 15 foot tall fiddle leaf fig that I've had for almost 5 years. It took me a while to figure out the watering schedule, and he wasn't happy about moving to my house in the beginning, but that's just what these plants do. Since year 1, he has been flourishing, and grew from 10 feet tall to 15. I pruned him last summer, and cut off about 4 feet from the top. Since then he has grown all that back. I have a regular watering schedule that i give about 5 liters of water every 10 days and this has been perfect for the last 5 years. There are 5 stalks and the pot is 15 inches across and 16 inches deep. In the last week he started getting SERIOUS black spots on a bunch of healthy leaves and I'm worried I have root rot or something. I've read a bunch of other posts on the forums but I'm a bit confused on over/under watering, root rot/salt deposits and the rest. Please any advice on this would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

The pot and soil. Was just watered a few days ago so it's still moist. I think it may be too compacted and not draining? The soil level has dropped an inch or two in the last couple of years.

Comments (9)