SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20023316

Been at outpatient dermatologist surgery. Mohs surgery.

User
5 years ago

Had a basal cell carcinoma on my nose. Treated it for over a year as a large blackhead by another skin clinic. (not a dermatologist) I have had every kind of treatment known to man. LOL EXCEPT the right diagnosis. About a month ago I was tired of fooling around with this thing and went to my home town dermatologist. He took a biopsy and it was a basal cell carcinoma. He took as much as he could out, but said he just could not get it all so he made an appointment in Atlanta to a dermatology clinic there. This Dr. had to do the Mohs surgery as it was so deep. He had to keep digging and digging..I was wondering in there was gold in that dang hill. LOL. Finally! He got it all. He did a little patch up job, sewed me up. Left office and could not feel any part of nose or part of face. Now I am in pain!! He did not write anything for pain. Is this unusual and how long will this pain last? My nose and eyes are swollen now. Keeping ice on it on and off like he said. Ugh. Wonder if I will have to have plastic surgery? He did not say, and I did not ask.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH