SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heberling_ryan

Electrical and Gas questions for new home build

heberling_ryan
5 years ago

I have been working on purchasing a property near me to build a 4 bed 4 bath (3100 sq ft) home on. Just before we were about to put an offer on the property, I thought to call the utility company to get a quote to run utilities, and they "ballpark quoted" me $30,000 to $45,000. It seemed high to me but even with that cost, the property might be worth it, so I would like to move forward with getting an actual quote. This requires me to submit a "work request form" to the utility company. I talked with a few friends who are builders etc... and got most of it completed, but I have some electrical questions remaining.

The first one is "Number of wires and Wire Size". I asked the guy at the utility company to elaborate and he replied with "We are needing to know what size wire and how many will be connected into our pedestal."

The second part is an estimated kw for lights, receptacle, and misc (future shop)

Any input on these remaining items, and other items I have already completed, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Comments (24)