SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

OBF Swap for JULY: Well-Grounded

sandlapper_rose
5 years ago

I think picking the theme for a monthly swap is so much fun and for July, I came up with Well-Grounded. Yes, this could relate to someone's personality or electricity, but we are considering the "ground" as it refers to the soil and "on the land". Of course, we want our soil to be in good condition for out plants and to protect the environment!

Since there will be a swap that you can sign up for, think of plants or something that is low and runs along the ground, critters that have lots of contact with the ground such as turtles, snakes, frogs, earthworms and toads. (Decorative rather than real for purposes of the swap!) Also, there are things like coffee, tea, potpourri and various spices that are ground. There are grinding tools such as graters and coffee grinders as well as tools that shred tree branches. A final thought of mine are resources to improve and enrich our soil. I have no problem if you want to send a cutting (or cuttings), a small plant (or plants) as long as it's okay with the recipient. I often have the best luck rooting cuttings in the hot weather.

Because of the 4th of July holiday and the fact that some may be traveling or have company for this first week of July, sign ups for the swap will continue until July 10th.

See the rules for membership posted at the bottom if you are not already a member of this group. Participation in the swap and games this month are for members only!

Mail your package by July 23 and I suggest that if you are sending cuttings or plants, you mail on a Monday to allow for the package to go through as quickly as possible. If you haven't packed cutting or plants to mail for one of our swaps, ask for some information and we'll be happy to share.

Please limit the weight and size of your package and what you spend. Postage is expensive these days and using a small priority mailing box or the priority envelope that ships for about the same amount is absolutely fine. Please excuse me for saying this and I know we like to be generous but sometimes that makes the recipient feel like she should have sent more in a situation where what she sent was absolutely appropriate. Small plants and cuttings can be from your garden; sending recipes, soil amending hints, word games, small decorative items, a little packet of coffee, etc. are all easy to manage. Make a card or send a post card if you like. Even a kitchen item like a dish cloth or pot scrubber may be easy to find featuring the theme of coffee. Everyone here is creative so just "do your thing!"

Membership and Rules:

Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.

Please be a successful member of GardenWeb/HOUZZ and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley [Brittneysgran]

1. Have fun! No bickering!

2. Send your swap by posted deadline. If you are going to be late in sending, please POST that on the swap thread.

3. Always include a Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number and post it on the swap thread when you send the package

4. Please send things that you yourself would enjoy receiving.

5. Please post after you have received your swap and post what you have received.

6. You will be required to replace a swap package that does not make it to your partner, for any reason. Also you'll be required to replace any item that arrives broken/damaged.

7. New members, for the first two swaps, you will be required to send your swaps first.

8. If for some reason, you must drop out of a swap, please let the swap host know ASAP.

Happy Independence Day and Happy July!

Jeanne

Comments (64)