Callirhoe seed starting.
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Callirhoe involucrata
Comments (17)Wow, gardengirl, thanks for posting the pictures! I had forgotten all about this thread. Nice to see this doesn't mind being next to the sidewalk-I have a couple of areas like that to contend with. I got around to weeding the southwest corner where I planted mine a little late, so it's pretty leggy, but I think it's going to work out really well with the Russian Sage. As far as I'm concerned, it can do whatever it wants in that corner, I'm hoping for some reseeding. Good thing I checked in, I see I wanted C. digitata! Lol, my memory ain't what it used to be....See MoreStarting lithops from seed- is now an ok time to start?
Comments (3)Hi hanzrobo, I have an east facing and a huge south facing window. I was a little concerned that if they slow down in the heat of summer, seedlings may have a tough time right now. We are already 100+ and the room they will be in is warm! It's an add on to the house, but no cooling attached. I'm thinking of ordering seeds from Mesa Garden , unless someone has a better suggestion. :-)...See MoreWANTED: Callirhoe Pedata 'Standing Wine Cup'
Comments (1)Hi Heather, Didn't I send you some Callirhoe involucrata (Prairie Wine Cups / Purple Poppy Mallow) on a trade last year? Did you have any success with it? Just curious. I have more if you want some. I'm not sure the var. Pedata will be hardy in Calgary... Bev...See MoreHAVE: Wanted/Trade seeds Callirhoe sp. 'Winecups'
Comments (1)I have some seeds of what I believe is the first listed on your "want" list. I would trade for some of the Callirhoe leiocarpa. My address is 11119 Burdine, Houston, TX 77096. If you are interested, please send me your address. Just out of curiosity, do these do wel in Wisconsin?...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

WINTER GARDENINGYour Essential Seed-Starting Glossary
Before starting plants from seed indoors, learn these common horticulture terms
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESSeeds or Seedlings? How to Get Your Garden Started
Growing delicious herbs and vegetables starts with knowing your goals and when you want to plant
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSPlanting Time: Get Your Garden Started With Seeds
You can get an early gardening fix — and save money too — by starting seedlings in the warm indoors
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHow to Plant a New Lawn From Seed
Choose from more grass varieties and save money over sod by starting your lawn from seed
Full Story
GARDENING 101How to Start a Cut Flower Garden for Beautiful Bouquets All Year
Flower farmer Erin Benzakein shows us how to grow fresh seasonal flowers the most satisfying way: by seed
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIESA Quick-Start Guide to Bird-Watching for Fun and Learning
Set out some seed and grab your field guide. Bird-watching is an easy, entertaining and educational activity for the whole family
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENS8 Easy Container Plants to Grow From Seed
Get beautiful blooms and herbs in summer by starting these choice garden picks from seed in spring
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDHow to Navigate a Seed Catalog
Seed catalogs can help you discover what to grow in a garden — once you learn how to decipher them
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMaking Sense of a Seed Packet
These small envelopes offer a surprising amount of information for a gardener
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARD6 Things to Know Before You Start Growing Your Own Food
It takes time and practice, but growing edibles in the suburbs or city is possible with smart prep and patience
Full StoryMore Discussions
Skip1909