SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahonroy67

Curtains too high? Add roman shades? Accent wall? Looking For Advice.

Matt
5 years ago

Hello, I am working on decorating the living room of my house, and could use some advice. This is where I am at currently: (please excuse the mess!)

Everywhere I read said to hang the curtains as high as possible so that is what I did. Its 9 feet at that wall, and the vaulted ceiling peaks at 12 feet. I think the right side looks good, but the left side has that empty space above the sliding glass door, and I feel I can do better here. Should I put in a roman/bamboo shade in that area to cover the empty space?

Someone else had mentioned that I should swap out the blue curtains and go with a burlap/tan color, get rid of the translucent curtains behind the curtains, and then add in color to the room by other means (such as accessories and decorations, pillows, etc.).

The plan for that wall was also to do this as an accent wall:

But its starting to seem that the curtains, and along with roman shades, that a lot of the wall would just end up getting covered up?

So I'm a bit stuck on how I should do this room. Any help/advice on this is greatly appreciated!

Comments (17)