SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

My chickens! I want to show them off for enjoyment...

artemis_ma
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

At our gathering yesterday, I said I'd try to get a thread on Conversations going about my chickens. I am at a loss at how to post this where I want it to show up, but will try... (black Australorpe pre-pullet.)

Hey, this showed up! This is how the black Australorpe looked a week ago Monday. She's slightly larger now.

One of my three buff Orpingtons. whom I've named after Lord of the Rings females: Eowyn, Fimbrethil, and Idril (you have to read the books, as Eowyn is the only one that shows up in the movies). Photo also from a week ago Monday.

The Australorpes and Orpingtons are very very friendly!

This is the coop and interior run for the layers. Feed & bedding bin to the left, places where the hens will supposedly leave eggs to the right.

A fair amount of amenities here. I also hung feeding stations, and will be providing them with light and heated perches in the winter.

They are getting GMO-free grain. They will also go outdoors real soon, now that they moved into this house last Friday. But they need to know where to go at night to sleep (their own safety) and so have to adjust to indoors first. The Wyandotte to the front (6:30 position) was the runt of the bunch. Her name is Tiny Dancer. (Elton John reference.)

10 future hens (pullets) and one rooster. As I don't know how to determine bird gender, an arcane skill, I just assume it is one of the Wyandottes, which is what I asked for.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH