I am working on how to place a discussion in Cooking

Gary Sutcliff (Ledyard CT Z6)(5)

It used to be so easy. I can click on old messages in my e-mail and read a lot of information but try to place a new topic is effectively impossible. I am not even sure where this message will end up.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

You're in Native Plants. The Cooking Forum is here:. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/cooking

Save    

I started there but when I went to submit it got all funky with a list that did not contain Cooking. How bizarre is that?

Somehow I accidentally got my discussion started buy cannot figure out how I did it.

Save    
Jay 6a Chicago(5b/6a)

Gary, when you post now, a box comes up with the forums, and you need to scroll down and select which forum to send it to. Houzz changed a few things, and I did't know I could scroll the box, so a couple of my posts ended up in the wrong forums too.

Save    

Been there, tried that. I could not find a cooking forum. When I went to the top for "Stories and advice" the click on Gardenweb did not work.

I went back to my old method of placing a message by going to e-mail message and clicking "See". This got me to that one cooking topic and I could click on Cooking. I then could see all of the cooking discussions but there was nothing like "Start a new topic".

At the top of the page was a banner looking like an advertisement that asked me to enter my project or something like that. I was then presented with a huge list of fora.

As I said, I somehow accidentally was able to get my question asked. I wonder what will happen next time.

The old method was easy but that is probably why it was changed.

Save    
Jay 6a Chicago(5b/6a)

First you post your headline. Then you write your story. Then you hit next and the scroll box appears. The scroll box starts out with all the garden forums. There is no cooking forum there. Keep scrolling down to the end of the garden forums, and then the home forums begin. That's where you find the cooking forum. I was angry and confused when Houzz made the change. A couple of my posts ended up on the wrong forums too.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Working With Pros Get the Upholstery Work You Expect: 10 Details to Discuss
Avoid disappointment and unexpected costs by going over these key areas with your upholsterer before work begins
Full Story
Contractor Tips 10 Things to Discuss With Your Contractor Before Work Starts
Have a meeting a week before hammers and shovels fly to make sure everyone’s on the same page
Full Story