SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skochenower78

Living Room Design for Home Under Contract

Steve
5 years ago

I'm under contract for the third time in my house hunting process, and don't want to count my chickens just yet, but I think I finally have a house that looks promising. I'm planning on buying new furniture after closing however, I have questions regarding the living room. I'm trying to configure the living room beforehand so I can have furniture to sit on shortly after closing. I plan on painting first, but my questions/concerns are as follows:

1. The TV - The house has a finished basement that would be perfect for a media room. Do I still put a TV in the living room or ditch it altogether, and just have the living room as a conversation room? The space is a little smaller than most and the door to the basement restricts placement.

2. What furniture layout options do I have with or without a TV?

3. What could be done with the wall area below the stairs next to the door that leads to the basement?

4. The Ceiling Fan- I live in Oklahoma where it can get hot, but the HVAC unit has been updated and works great. Would it be weird to remove the fan completely and get a light fixture for the space?

I've attached pictures from the listing to get an idea of what I'm working with.

Comments (3)