SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

June 2018, Week 3, Summer Breeze

I just typed long, standard, start-of-the-new-week post and lost it all. I am not liking the changes they've made here because posts just seem to disappear spontaneously while you're typing them. It is past my bedtime and I don't want to type another new post and lose it all, so this one will be brief.

This week's gardening theme song is Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft because I didn't want to jinx our chances of getting precipitation by using the word r-a-i-n again. So, let's enjoy the Summer Breeze in our yards and gardens this week.

Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft

This is the week the weather usually heats up, but we have a better forecast this week, maybe with some relief from all the early heat.

Pests are really showing up in the gardens now. I'm seeing lots and lots of stink bugs and, suddenly, leaf-footed bugs. I need to find a better way to deal with these guys because they are highly mobile and fly and that makes them hard to hand-pick and kill or to snip in half with scissors.

We're still harvesting the same stuff as last week, and most of the same flowers remain in bloom. The new bloomer the last couple of days has been the ornamental cotton. I sure do think that cotton blossoms are pretty.

The population of grasshoppers, crickets and leafhoppers in the garden is increasing at a very fast rate. It is getting worrisome. Soon my plant leaves will have more holes than leaf tissue. Have I mentioned how much I hate grasshoppers?

That's all from here. What's new with y'all?

Dawn

Comments (79)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider