SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kjragland

Speed oven question: Miele, Bosch, other, or nothing?

kjragland
5 years ago

I've read thread after thread on this topic so I'm posting in hopes someone can help me sort this out.

I'm on my second renovation kitchen renovation in 5 years, due to moving states. In our last house we were pretty happy with all of our decisions; the one thing we wished we had was a second oven, mostly for baking two pizzas at the same time (weekly or twice/month) and the occasional need at holiday time. In our new house, we're lacking the space again for a second oven.

I have since read that you can bake two pizzas at once with two pizza stones in the same oven, so I may have solved that problem but I'm still liking the idea of having something that can serve the purpose of a microwave and a small second oven when needed. If I can also and get rid of my toaster oven, that would be even more amazing--but I've read that I will likely still need a toaster. I also use my toaster oven for reheating things that don't do well in the microwave, so if I could use the speed oven for that it may still be worth it to me to gain the counter space.

So our original plans were to do a 36 inch dual-fuel range and a regular microwave with a trim kit, installed under the counter on the perimeter...but then I got interested in speed ovens. Our installation will be under counter for either appliance. Given that I have never used a speed oven, at this point my interest is in having a useful small second oven for cooking (that I might use instead of the oven in the 36 inch range), as a microwave by itself or as a small oven to reheat things...less so using convection with microwave, but maybe I will be wowed once I actually use them together!

Budget wise, about the most I can accommodate is 2K. I've read the Miele is the most functional as a really amazing oven, but the 30 inch is not in my budget, so this leaves me with the 24 inch Miele: https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/H6X00BM.html Is the 24 inch large enough? We are a family of 4 and I use the oven for roasting veggies and fish, a few times a week.

Or then there is Bosch, which is more affordable but there are so many options I couldn't sort out the differences (Benchmark, 800 series, 500 series, 24 inch, 27 inch and 30 inch). Some had terrible reviews, but it seems many on here like the Bosch?

https://www.ajmadison.com/b.php/Bosch%3BSingle%3BSpeed+Oven%3BWall+Ovens/N~30+4294836990+4294967267+4294836998

Are there other brands to consider? Can you put your own cookie sheets/baking pans in any of these ovens? Thanks for any advice!

Comment (1)