SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hkwan

Final Inspection for our Renovation

5 years ago

Hoping this community can give a little advise for our long 9 month renovation. The project is almost completed- plumber final inspection is completed and signed. Electrician will be done today. Then after that hopefully the final house inspection will be scheduled after the electrician is signed off. Now the contractor is insisting to get his final payment BEFORE getting the final house inspection is signed off. I told my husband, he finished the inside of the house but our final house inspection is not signed off - so we should not give him the last payment. He has delayed this project almost 1 1/2 months due to his personal emergency (which we understood), also part of the regrading backyard is not done ( he keeps saying we need to deal with our GM who is his employee). Even though the re grading our backyard has nothing to do the final house inspection, do you think this is a common practice or not for the contractor asks for the final payment BEFORE getting our final inspection is signed off? Please advise since I want to do the right thing and to be fair.

Comments (44)