SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyra56

New Iron Sleigh Bed-what night stands?

lyra56
5 years ago

I just ordered a Chas Rogers Sleigh bed in antique white after several years of wanting one. (the antique white isn't an option online-I only found it by going to the NJ store to see the finishes). Since the new bed is far more ornate than what I have now, can anyone offer suggestions to narrow my search for night stands?

I already have an antique birds eye maple dresser with mirror that I plan to use in the bedroom. The mirror and legs are curvy. Since the sleigh bed is also curvy things could get too sickly sweet for me-too granny looking if that makes sense. The look I'm going for is farmhouse (since it actually IS an 1850 farmhouse) but def not primitive. I want the room to be a timeless sanctuary-totally peaceful. (white bedspread, pale yellow walls, white rug, wood floors)

So would I get something with curvy legs to match dresser? Should I match the maple? We have not yet moved in to this space (so sorry no photos yet) but if I recall there is much more room on one side of the bed than the other. Would I get one longer table to take up that awkward space? If not how to fill that space? We def will need storage and I think we should have drawers or cabinets and not open shelves (they tend to collect junk)

After reading other posts on Houzz, I think that similar nightstands with matching lamps seems the most sensible, but that could mean lots of curvy legs and beds. Any advice on how to narrow down the choices?

Comments (3)