SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimg1978

Brick choice need help!

Kimberly G
5 years ago

I am building a farmhouse on my acreage. I am doing painted brick mostly (please don't tell me the drawbacks of painting brick, I have done my research), with some board and batten on some of the areas that "stick out". It will be painted white. My windows are black.

I want to do a "border" on the bottom of the home in natural brick that I don't paint.

I am having a very hard time choosing that brick. I want a border so that my landscaping and dirt won't show as much and the house need power washing as often. I am on a great sandy soil, but it will still get dirty at the bottom from flowerbeds, etc.

I also want to do a brick fireplace inside that goes way up my cathedral ceiling, or part way up and then steps back a tiny bit, and narrows just a hair, and then shiplap the rest of the way up. I really wanted brick for a farmhouse classic look, but I also can't choose one that will look good. I will have wood floors medium stain, alabaster cabinets, gray/white granite (new river white) on island, and steel gray granite on perimeter counters. My walls will be a greige..thinking Agreeable gray, but will paint some samples after drywall.

Framers finished up today, so I have to choose brick soon.

I have attached some pictures of a very similar house so you can see the fireplace I am working with. Please help with outside brick, and fireplace brick! I am in Oklahoma, and am using Trinity Brick (they have a website with brick choices, please look). I can't seem to find one I like in either the blends or standard. I need a bottom brick for the exterior, and then a brick that will look good on interior. Please help me!

Comments (6)