SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethany_cannon40

Sprucing up stamped concrete floors

Bethany Cannon
5 years ago
The home we are in the process of buying has an enclosed patio with cheap and ugly carpet over stamped concrete that extends outside. The floor is not level and there are some areas where there is space between the bottom of the wall and the floor. We noticed some loose spots in the floor and lifted up the carpet and found big square bricks in dirt filling in spots where there was no concrete.

We want to make this area a nicer more living room type space and the floors are the worst part (aside from the stucco and outdoor lighting). Trying to get some ideas on how to approach it, I don't have any experience with flooring and we would prefer to DIY. We have a carpenter in the family who can help too.

I'm thinking the cheapest option could be to remove the rug and fill in the missing concrete and add some sort of seal and trim between the floor and wall and some kind of polish or stain. Not sure how difficult it would be to match the old stamped concrete.

Another low cost option might be to install a level concrete slab over the whole floor and do some kind of acid wash or stain but I'm not sure how we would need to prepare the floor before or if its a DIY possibility.

Any thoughts or insight appreciated!

Comment (1)