SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fslh

To keep or not to Keep! That is not the whole question!

fslh
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We just had two brown leather recliner sofas from Jordan's delivered to our living room. This room is not the formal living room, it is the family room/ TV room and the room that we use the most.

We had a burgundy leather set here, which the leather sofa ripped and with my husband request we looked for recliners. We got two sofas. We used them last night. They are big and not too comfortable either for a long period. I personally don't like big , chunky furnitures. We are debating to change these sets. We have a dark red Persian carpet in the room and combination of dark brown leather seating and carpet, makes the room dark. We also have a red brick fireplace in the room.

My question is whether we keep the sofas and lighten up the room with light coffee table (like white or travertine) , or return them and get a smaller set(not recliners) in light colors , either fabric or leather. We even eat on these furniture and watch TV., so can not be too light color that be stained easily.

So in summary, if we return these sofas and get a new set, the sets need to work nicely with the dark red carpet and red brick fireplace. I would love to hear your design ideas:)

I am also attaching pictures of the Jordans brown leather recliner sofas.

Comments (31)