SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyson_earnest

I can't see out!

Alyson
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am about to furnish a room that is located off the master bedroom. The first pic is taken from sitting in a regular chair. The second is the view I want to be able to see! The other two is the space. I am open to what the space can be used for, as for now, it will be short term summer rental. It can be an office or retreat or whatever......Unfortunately, for now, I can't lower the window. Any ideas how I could furnish it so seating can be high enough to see out? I'd really like this space to be a place to sit and have a glass of wine at sunset, or coffee in the morning. I can't wait to see what creative ideas you come up with here!

Comments (7)

• colonialgp
    5 years ago

Southern Living Photos · More Info

Maybe put in a high top table with bar stools? Just make sure they are bar stool height and not counter height.

BARCELONA CLUBHOUSE - JUPITER - FLORIDA · More Info

• Alyson
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you. I have thought of that. I may go that way. What I'm hoping for is to somehow figure out a way to put some kind of a riser in there and put a couple of club chairs or couch.....

• colonialgp
    5 years ago

Could build a platform, but not sure you have enough room to put one in that fit a sofa/loveseat.

• Alyson
    Original Author
    5 years ago

there's plenty of room for a sofa. If anyone can figure out how to build a platform that would not be too big of a project....I'm open.

• Olychick
    5 years ago

I would think about L shaped daybeds (2) - perhaps trundle beds or storage beds - singles and pile them with pillows to lean against. The beds sit much higher than a sofa, you can lounge on them and also use them for extra sleeping space. One of my friends did that and used a futon mattress with a futon cover (which kept it from looking too bed-like, since the cover is a tapestry print. I'd try to make them look as built-in as possible (or have some actually built in):

It doesn't have to look bedroomy:

• Rawketgrl
    5 years ago

You do not have to reinvent the wheel here. Look up home theater platforms to get many ideas. They can be built any size and as high or low end as you want. I think some companies even make kits.