SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maegan_sisk

first time pilea owner. Where is best to keep? Indoor/outdoor in shade

Maegan Sisk
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

my Pilea was bought from a location that kept it outside but in a dark corridor of the nursery shop where I don’t believe it received any sunlight. The plant has several leaves at the bottom that are hanging down. Is this from lack of sunlight? The plants were also completed soaked when I got them so could it be from overwatering?? I live in Alabama, hardiness zone 8 where there’s usually high humidity were they to be placed outside. I am worried about sun beams resching my shady spot, though. I read they do not want any direct or intense sun and I really don’t want to ruin these plants as they are rare and expensive!

here are photos of the 2 locations I’ve kept them in for the past 2 days I’ve had them, where you can also see the droopy leaves.

Please advise on 1) how to help the drooping leaves and 2) where is the best location for these plants

Shady corner of my porch where the sun is blocked by these pillars. Could even be safer from sun if I Lowered them to the ground?

In front of a SW facing window

The droop is real

Dry flakey part the end of this leef also making me real anxious about this pileas health

Comments (3)