SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_mae23

Kitchen design- I'd love opinions! (Pics in comments)

Ash M
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I feel like my design is what I want but I can't find pictures anything like it online to "see" it in real life.

I think I've covered all my bases but I'd love opinions - positive and negative alike! I've asked before but I was more looking for affirmation and now that it's really becoming a reality (and I'm needing to finalize my cupboards!) I'm really wanting to make sure that my choices are on point- debating getting an opinion from a designer but DH thinks its great the way it is.

First, my kitchen is a U-shape with three walls and I don't have a walk-in pantry as I want the floorplan to be as open as possible and it couldn't be on an outer wall. So-pantry cupboard it is.

The long leg of the U is the middle with the sink centered on the three large windows, dishwasher at right hand with two wall cabinets for dish storage as well as a 4 drawer base next to it for silverware and kids' dishes. Then angled lazy/super? susan corner.

The left leg is an electric cooktop with hood, with drawers below for pots, flanked by 2' base cabinets and then the fridge with full depth cabinet above.

Right leg has two wall cabinets plus the corner as well as the base corner and a small base. Single or double wall oven with pan/baking sheet storage above and below and then a 40" pantry cabinet on the end.

The island is 3 cabinets- closest to range being a pullout double garbage, with large counter overhang towards the dining room for 3 stools. 48" walking space on all three sides.

Microwave I'm still debating where to place- thinking in cupboard next to wall oven so it's not in view all the time.

Can anyone direct me to an inspo picture of something similar? The 3d drawing is nice, but it's not the same. It's hard to see the actual size as everything seems smaller than it is.

Comments (19)