lilyfinch

Rose garden tour video clips

Ok .. I think I figured this out !! Hope it works . Please let me know if not

https://instagram.com/p/BjTnKj7gPSh/

I really hope you enjoy!

Comments (39)

• SoFL Rose z10
    5 years ago

Awesome. I could only watch for about a minute. I’d love to see a complete walkthrough.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just in case u don't care to watch a video , here are some photos

Lucia "deadheading " .. so helpful!

Flamenco Rosita bed

Plum perfect and Margaret hunt clematis

belindas dream

Roald dahl , love it !!

Ok gotta go to bed ! More tomorrow

Original Author
    5 years ago

Sofl- are you able to swipe the video to the next one ? Instagram only allows one min videos , then you'll see dots indicate there is more, so you swipe to the next one. Hope that makes sense ?

Original Author
    5 years ago

Oh bummer I was hoping it would all work not just one . Well I tried !! Sorry no real accent .. lol I need to work on that !

• rosiewells7b
    5 years ago

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. It was wonderful seeing things in video form :). Next best thing to actually being able to see it in person!

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked rosiewells7b
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago

I love it and it is so cool to hear your voice. Your daughter, Lucia is beautiful. She looks very happy to do the work.

What is wrong with Felicia ? Just curious Bec for a sec I thought I had her then I realized I don't. It was Cornelia that I have.

Jin

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • jo_pyeweed (z9 SF Bay Area)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing the videos, Lilyfinch. I enjoyed touring your garden very much. You have created a very beautiful garden, and your roses and clematis are gorgeous.

In the second video, what is the lavender/pink clematis on the fence that is seen when you are talking about the lake? (Lucky you to have such a vista!)

And it was great to see your wishing well :-)

(I am not on instagram but was able to see all the videos. I clicked on your name which brought up all videos and pics. I watched the first video and clicked the right arrow to go to the next).

Great photos, too. Lucia is adorable.

Jo

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked jo_pyeweed (z9 SF Bay Area)
    5 years ago

Oh, I wanted to say that I absolutely loved your swan bed.

I just watched the videos for the third time, and was better able to focus on your obelisks, arbors and pergola. Delightful!

Jo

• Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    5 years ago

Enjoyed the video and the pictures too! Lily, I am amazed, you have done such a wonderful job, it is all so beautiful. Your daughter is precious!

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Sara-Ann Z6B OK
  • Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
    5 years ago

Lily....I absolutely love, love, love your garden! It's got the charm of a cottage garden and the elegance of a formal rose garden all wrapped in one. It's also so well maintained! There are no weeds or deadheads to be seen. Please tell me you have help maintaining your garden, otherwise I will feel like a major slacker :))

Is there more than one video? I saw one, and then the pictures...

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you everyone so much !! I appreciate y'all looking. It is finally where i have wanted it to be . I love just sitting in the swing and enjoying the birds . Jo-Pye , the lavender pink clem is comtess de Bouchard . It's really nice ! The blue one is prince Charles .

Jin- my Cornelia blooms fry before I even get to enjoy them. I really don't love it . It is disease resistant and blooms nice in the fall .. it's just too hot here for her. I do have Felicia and it's a dud , for me. It is two ft tall and that's about it . Some flowers but just eh in general.

Rosylady , there are 4 or 5 videos that take you through the whole garden. Jopye said she clicked on my name which pulls up all my photos and clicked from there. I'm sorry I don't know how to make it easier on a desktop. i spent two days deadheading lol and I use a heavy duty landscape fabric that smothers weeds . I know some people dont like it but I have Bermuda grass and that's the only way to get rid of it . It works for me ! If I do get weeds in the mulch it's easy to pull . :)

• User
    5 years ago

I really enjoyed your video, and I was able to see both parts with the photo gap in between... all those lovely roses and I do like your structures which seem to flow with one another... nice to put a voice to a name too... fabulous country views...

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked User
  • titian1 10b Sydney
    5 years ago

Just lovely, lilyfinch. And it seems no time at all since you began making this garden.

I was able to watch all the videos. I thought the subsequent ones wouldn't play, but after waiting a few seconds, they did.

Your little girl captures my heart. Trish

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • Janaina (Zone 6B - Maryland)
    5 years ago

What a joy!!! Lucia deadheding is the most beautiful picture I have seen in a while! You have a great eyes for design and I love your taste. Love your obelisks and arches and roses and clematis lol it’s breathtaking!! I told ya, I’m stilling tons of ideas from you hehe

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Janaina (Zone 6B - Maryland)
  • Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    5 years ago

The photo of your daughter is precious and so lovely. The one of your wishing well I showed to a friend that said he needed ideas to landscape his yard. Although his property is much smaller than yours, he was inspired by your garden. Thank you for sharing the video too.

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
  • jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    5 years ago

Great video and pics!

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks everyone so much ! I hope you were all able to see all the videos . It seems like it takes a min to load each on the post . It's the next best thing to having you over in person, which I really wish I could do !

• totoro z7b Md
    5 years ago

Heaven on earth! Perfect combination of natural and cultvates beauty. Thanks for sharing.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    5 years ago

Lily, JP has additional 20% off today, do you want La Park??

Original Author
    5 years ago

Summers : thanks ! Already got it !!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    5 years ago

My goodness, you are quick! It's beautiful! :-) I was waiting for the price to drop a little.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    5 years ago

Thanks! I thought I had seen the whole thing, but I saw more videos when I went back for more and clicked on the arrows. The dots advance as you said. You've done an amazing job with the landscaping.

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago

Opps, I need to see that on Instagram which my hubby has..saw one only :(

I know it is going to be so lovely. Sorry about your Felicia. Before I get her I better inquire more in my State about her status . It is also hot here :(

Jin

Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you jasmine !! :) I'm out of steam now . I have no ideas on what to do next

summers I couldn't wait ! It is pretty but not as pretty as the ad

• RayGun (zone7bNY)
    5 years ago

So pretty! What a peaceful space you've created. Very inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing and prepare yourself for the follow :)

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked RayGun (zone7bNY)
  • SoFL Rose z10
    5 years ago

Lilly where did you get this sign? I must have one!

• Moses, Pittsburgh, W. PA., zone 5/6, USA
    5 years ago

Lilyfinch,

Superb!

I am really looking forward to seeing your rose park (it is far grander than a rose garden, unlike the little piece of earth I call my rose garden), as it progresses toward maturity. We ain't seen nutn' yet!

How can you, someone so young, have so much creativity and knowledge? How did you come by it? I see Divine intervention and inspiration at work, has to be.

Also, being a young mother, how can you do it in the time it takes to get the results we all can plainly see, and yet carry out your devotions as a wife and mother? Yours is a remarkable achievement on all counts!

Moses

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Moses, Pittsburgh, W. PA., zone 5/6, USA
    5 years ago

Lilyfinch,

A bit OT....

Knowing you are a clematis lover, have you any knowledge about the Raymond Edison clematis, like: Cezanne, Fleuri, Parisienne, Sacha, and Zara? There are others in his line. It is too hot for clematis in my sun drenched, hot garden, summer only), except for C. paniculata - Sweet Autumn Clematis.

Moses

Original Author
    5 years ago

Sofl- here ya go !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZZQLYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527633632&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=come+into+the+garden+sign&dpPl=1&dpID=51hG-9bFMxL&ref=plSrch

It's metal and has looked brand new for 3 plus years. Glad you like it !!!

moses , you are always so kind ! Gardening is my only hobby and I'm super fortunate that my husband works all day 5 days a week and my daughter naps 3 hours a day so I have extra time ! I'm trying to get it all into maintenance mode so her and I can do some fun things more often. Do you believe it's almost time for early preschool ? So I need to spend more quality time with her and less "games " out of digging holes ! Lol

also even though I'm in my early thirties I have been gardening since I was 19 in my tiny house shared with my now husband. Boy the mistakes I made! And money wasted .. but I do think the Lord has blessed me with the love of gardens and all the learning that comes with it !

Ps Moses.. I ordered those amazing pruners you spoke of (okatsune ?) and they are incredible!! Are you liking yours ?

i have seen his clematis in nursery and they are nice! I don't have any yet as I prefer the type 3 viticellas that take over the world . I'm sure I'll add some soon on smaller obelisk though !

Thank you ray gun !! I hope to see photos of your garden soon!!

5 years ago

Lilyfinch,

I am very pleased with my Okatsune hand pruners. They are super sharp, and look durable. Even though made for right - handed folks, I find them fine for use by my strongly oriented left handedness, with the cutting blade facing down as it should be when being used.

My felco pruners frequently accidentally engaged the blades in the locked position held in my left hand unless I pruned canes with the cutting blade facing up, crushing the tip of the cane section left on the bush. Getting a leftie felco pruner was an option, but I opted for the Okatsune on price, and because of its locking lever at the handles' end....no interference with accidentally locking shut while in use.

The handle lock can be engaged closed or open with a handle end swipe across a leg or arm....nice feature. Your other hand is free to hold the trimming.

Comparing the two, Felco against Okatsune, I believe the Felco is stronger, and can handle thicker canes better, though.

It is good to have at least two good pruners on hand in case one gets temporarily lost in the garden. Roses have the uncanny ability of hiding post pruners from you, deep within their foliage.

Moses

• RayGun (zone7bNY)
    5 years ago

Lilyfinch, Well it's more of a 'bed' then a garden lol but as soon as I have some blooms I will be sure to share some pics. :) I don't think it should be much longer and I'm hopeful the lavender will have filled in a bit more, too.

• dianela7analabama
    5 years ago

Lilyfinch,

Wonderful garden. Everything is so well placed and cheerful. Gorgeous roses, I can't even choose a favorite. WOW! what a great job you have done. The pond and the birds chirping in the background of your garden completes your perfect magic garden.

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked dianela7analabama
    5 years ago

=> “It is finally where i have wanted it to be. I love just sitting in the swing and enjoying the birds.”

How very wonderful, Lilyfinch. So glad that you are enjoying your beautiful garden.

thanks for the name of the clematis. Comtesse de Bouchaud is truly lovely. I have a few clematis in my garden but am looking to add a few more. I lurk on the Clematis forum from time to time and have seen your gorgeous pics there. Margaret Hunt is on my list.

Jo

• Dillybeansown (6b in the Ozarks)
    5 years ago

Oh, my goodness! Everything is so lovely! I’m amazed at everything you’ve been able to accomplish. Especially with little one! I know how that goes. :) So beautiful. I’m taking notes for my own garden...

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked Dillybeansown (6b in the Ozarks)
  • RayGun (zone7bNY)
    5 years ago

Lilyfinch, I just keep going back to this!! You've really done such beautiful work! This most recent view I was able to watch with the audio on and I heard you have a nice Rose of Sharon. I just bought and planted two from Lowes last weekend. The plants I got have no leaves on them, nothing. I read that she leaves out and blooms later in the season and being in NY was thinking that was the reason. Do you think that's true or is she DOA? Give her some time to settle in and look for signs of life or just 86 her now?

Original Author
    5 years ago

Ray - yes they do leaf out later! Did you happen to get the new pink chiffon and lavender chiffon? That's what I have. Well I know it's pink chiffon and the other might be the azure chiffon one I can't remember which one I chose! I would hang tight with your lowes receipt just in case . I'm surprised they got plants in not leafed out already . But mine always make me wonder if they will return ! :)

jo and anyone else who likes clematis, Margaret hunt is so so good !! Get it !

Dilly you have fuller hands than I do ! :) it's good stress relief though!

• RayGun (zone7bNY)
    5 years ago

Thanks Lilyfinch, I'll sit tight for a couple weeks and see how it goes. I'll certainly hold onto my receipt! I honestly don't know the exact type that I got...the tag just said 'Multicolor' which I wasn't aware was a thing? Maybe it means you get what color you get lol. I swear I plant these things and then fret about them until I have sure signs of life, just like my roses...appreciate the advice! :)

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago
    I saw all of the videos easily! Your garden area has come a long way in a short time. It's all looking great! I think it really fits in with your overall setting quite nicely! And your daughter is just precious!
    Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting