SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

Front porch railing - need opinion

gthigpen
5 years ago

Next project for us to finish is our porch railings. You have to use your imagination a bit as not everything is complete. The bottom of the house and the bottom of the porch columns will eventually have stone on them.

Our neighbor brought over these porch railings for us to see what we think (his company makes them). He brought over black, but they come in white also. I know I'd definitely prefer the white because there is no black at all on the house now. But these railings are aluminum. My first reaction was NOPE, I want wood (or some wood composite). But before I completely reject the idea, was wondering what ya'll opinions are on using an aluminum railing on a very traditional house and on a very large prominent front porch? Windows are wood, trim is wood and porch floor is wood.

My DH is a fan because it's easy. I totally get it...we've put a bunch of sweat equity into this house and I know it's wearing on him. So if he sees an easier path to get something done, he's all over it. But I don't want to mess it up.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County